Well Use Your Appliances to Save Money
We cannot imagine our life without our appliances. We use them every day to make our life easier. The refrigerator is always running, the dishwasher is started once a day and a washing machine can run 4-5 times during a laundry day. Have you once thinking that your home appliances are using almost half of the electricity you consume every year? A non-efficient use of your appliances may have a big impact on your electricity bill. It’s important to have good habits that will help you reduce your energy consummation:
- Turn off the light when you leave a room or the house. Open curtains and blinds during the day to use the natural light of the sun.
- Install pre-programmable thermostat to lower the temperature of the house when you are not at home. Some thermostat can also have different setting for the week and weekend. They are not very expensive and they will reduce your consummation of electricity.
- Wait to have many clothes to wash before doing your laundry. Small loads are not optimal.
- Only start your dishwasher when it’s full. Well place the dishes inside the dishwasher to optimise every load.
- If you have a big sink, use a water basin to clean the dishes. You will reduce your water consummation.
- Instead of using your oven to reheat food, use the microwave, which use less energy.
- Close the refrigerator or freezer door as soon as you can. The cold air will stay inside and the unit won’t start too often.
- Regular cleaning of your appliances will make them run easily and extend their shelf life.
If you want to measure your appliance electricity consummation, you can use a Kill-A-Watt. It’s a meter that can be connecting to your appliances and it will measure the electricity they use by hour, day, week, month or year. You can therefore find if your appliances are efficiently running.
Hope this was helpful! If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact Platinum Cares Services, an appliance repair services in Franklin Park, Chicago. One of our appliance repair specialists can help you to fix any of your home appliances!